Pulmonology is a field of medicine that focuses specifically on diagnosing and treating disorders of the respiratory system. If you're having any unusual symptoms, you should meet with your primary care doctor. They will perform a medical exam and assess your overall condition. They may refer you to a pulmonologist if you:
- Have difficulty breathing
- Have a persistent cough
- Regularly cough up blood or mucus Smoke.
- Have unexplained weight loss
- Have trouble exercising due to breathing problems
- Pulmonary Function Test (Spirometry)
- Non-invasive Ventilation
- CT guided biopsy of lung masses
- Ultrasound guided Thoracentesis / Paracentesis
- Arterial blood gas analysis (ABG)
- CT Scan Chest
- MRI Scan Chest
- X-Ray Chest
- POCUS Point
- Chest Intubation.